C. William (Bill) Dahlin’s practice area is civil litigation with an emphasis on real property and property rights. The practice includes prosecuting actions against municipalities for damages and extraordinary relief through issuance of writs of mandate. Bill has been involved with dozens of cases involving the protection of property rights. Such issues include rent control, mobilehome park closures, mobilehome park subdivisions, park sales and purchases, and related land use decisions. Bill has had significant property rights cases and successes in such diverse locales as Banning, Morgan Hill, Moreno Valley, Carson, Rancho Mirage, Huntington Beach, Contra Costa County, San Marcos, Calimesa, Chino, Yucaipa, Indio, Ventura, Petaluma, Hollister, Oxnard, San Jose, Chula Vista and San Diego County. Mr. Dahlin has been with Hart, King & Coldren since 1988. He and the rest of the Hart, King & Coldren team have been at the forefront of the firm’s Manufactured Housing practice area to assist park owners with all of their business needs. Bill is also a licensed real estate broker.
- In 2010, Bill was successful in helping an RV park owner in San Diego County defend an effort by the County of San Diego to close the RV park because it allowed full-time residency. This multi-day trial ended with injunctive relief being granted to the park owner.
- In 2011, Bill successfully defended a “high-end” pawn shop from claims of a customer who asserted he was owed a million dollars even though he defaulted on loans of $124,000. The client was awarded fees and costs of over $50,000 after a multi-day trial.
- In 2012, Bill helped a mobilehome park owner defeat an attempt by a long term tenant to force a sale of land used as a mobilehome park which the tenant claimed was required by an option clause in a long term lease. This five day trial ended with the client being awarded attorney’s fees and costs as well as a judgment confirming the true meaning of the option clause in the long term lease.
- California Bar
- New York Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- All District Courts in California
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 1979: Cum Laude
- California State University, Long Beach , B.A., 1976: Magna Cum Laude
- California Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Washington, D.C. Bar Association