Irene Kiet is a member of the firm’s litigation department and has wide ranging experience in real estate, business, commercial leases, evictions, contracts, mobilehome, RV, breach of fiduciary and landlord/tenant law. Ms. Kiet’s practice includes all aspects of civil litigation including pre-trial negotiation, discovery, mediation, trial and appeal as well as collection and enforcement of judgments.
- Obtained a court judgment at trial for declaratory relief to appraise land resulting in a net $21 million recovery to client. The non-prevailing party did not appeal.
- Affirmed on appeal a probate court order to compel a trustee to account to a contingent beneficiary. Client recovered the entire attorneys’ fees and costs on appeal.
- Affirmed on appeal a probate court judgment to dismiss a judgment creditor’s petition, with prejudice, to sell a $6 million dollar residence held in an irrevocable trust.
- Obtained a voluntary dismissal of a trustee’s petition for delayed income in probate court
- Settled and dismissed claims alleging undue influence and breaches of a trustee’s fiduciary duty to a litigious beneficiary within three months of taking over the case from the client’s former counsel
- Negotiated the transfer of a deceased trustor’s IRA funds held by a global financial services firm resulting in no tax liability and litigation costs to the client.
- Obtained the dismissal of an entire lawsuit based on contract and business tort claims, with prejudice, pursuant to the “anti-SLAPP” statute and award of attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Prosecuted over hundreds of eviction matters in favor of property owners.
- Facilitated landlord-creditor’s claims cost-effectively in bankruptcy proceedings held in California and New York.
- Represented furniture owner in a copyright infringement action which action was ultimately dismissed.
- California Bar
- All U.S. Bankruptcy Courts in California; and Southern District of New York
- All U.S. District Courts in California
- Loyola Law School – Los Angeles, J.D., 2002; International and Comparative Law Review
- University of California – Irvine, B.A., 1998; Dean’s Honors List
- California State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association