Todd A. Picker is a Senior Attorney with Hart, King & Coldren. Mr. Picker is AV rated (highest Ethical Standard and Legal Ability) and has over 20 years of experience litigating business, insurance, personal injury, professional errors and omissions, and employment cases throughout California. Mr. Picker’s trial and appellate practice include unfair competition and business practices cases, trade secrets disputes, insurance coverage and “bad faith” litigation and wrongful termination cases. Mr. Picker represents institutional clients, small businesses and individuals. Mr. Picker has tried cases before the California State Superior Courts and Federal Courts. He has successfully represented clients in arbitration and mediation. He has argued cased before the California state courts of appeal, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the Ninth Circuit, and the Arizona Court of Appeals.
- Obtained multi-million dollar judgment for German investment company arising from the breach of a contract to purchase optical networking technology.
- Obtained multi-million dollar judgment against securities broker and related entities arising from a “prime bank note” investment type fraud.
- Favorable result obtained defending national law firm in legal malpractice case arising from the alleged mishandling of a lawsuit filed against the plaintiff’s former chief financial officer for embezzlement.
- Successfully argued appeal before the Arizona Court of Appeals, which reversed the lower court’s order
- Obtained the dismissal of a lawsuit filed against client real estate broker alleging claims for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud arising from the plaintiff’s purchase of commercial real estate located in Arizona.
- Successfully argued case before the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the Ninth Circuit, which affirmed lower court’s order granting client relief from the automatic stay.
denying clients’ request for statutory attorneys’ fees as prevailing parties at trial.
- California Bar
- United States District Court-Central, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, United States Supreme Court
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, CA, J.D., 1987 Member Pacific Law Review, Assistant Editor – Legislative Review
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA B.A. (Economics), 1984
- California State Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- “All Aboard? The Derailing of Class Certification” For the Defense, DRI (August 2004)
- Advertising Injury Coverage at Patent Infringement: Aetna Casualty Surety Co. v. Superior Court; Iolab Corp v. Seaboard Surety“ 5 Int. ILR 196 (1994)