Bill Hart is AV rated (highest Ethical Standard and Legal Ability) and voted a Top Attorney in Orange County. He represents clients in the prosecution and defense of a broad range of business, commercial and real estate issues, including breach of contract, insurance coverage, landlord and tenant disputes, product liability, trade secret and unfair competition, broker commission disputes, construction defects, and probate litigation. Mr. Hart represents companies from a diverse range of industries, including major residential and commercial property builders, developers and managers, high technology manufacturers, insurance marketing organizations, financial institutions, independent dealers and distributors, and corporate and partnership interests of all types. For more than 30 years Mr. Hart has been an effective advocate for his client’s from pre-litigation negotiations through trial and appeal from judgment. Mr. Hart has also been retained as an expert witness in multiple Superior Court lawsuits.
- Tried many cases to verdict in Federal and State Court as well as before the AAA, NASD, Pacific Stock Exchange and similar binding Arbitration panels.
- Obtained $3 million plus Superior Court verdict on behalf of widow of the founder of a company enforcing her pension rights and retirement plan.
- Currently represents homeowners associations throughout Southern California with a total membership of
more than 18,000, providing governance advice to the HOA’s and litigation defense.
- Successful jury trial defense of a Board of Directors and its individual members from a multi-million dollar
Superior Court claim alleging breach of fiduciary duty. Judgment for the Board of Directors affirmed in its
entirety by the Court of Appeal.
- Represented large commercial property owner/developer in claim for inverse condemnation and eminent domain during freeway construction, resulting in recovery of full value of economic losses for client.
- Successful defense on behalf of commercial contractor before a Superior Court jury for multi-million dollar claims of breach of contract and construction defect.
- Represented business executive in jury trial to recover damages for extortion and threats of violence by a business rival. Jury awarded both compensatory and punitive damages to our client.
- Negotiated multi-million dollar settlement in commercial trademark lawsuit by persuading a group of insurance carriers who had originally denied coverage to reverse their coverage decision and pay the entire monetary settlement on behalf of our client.
- Received binding arbitration award of $520,000 from national software maker for their failure to design and deliver custom software that met the specifications of our client.
- Recovered $800,000 (initial offer $0) in a Florida settlement mediation for a California insurance brokerage against a National Insurance carrier.
- California Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- All U.S. Districts Courts in California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA, J.D., 1976
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, B.A., 1973
- California Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Washington, D.C. Bar Association